Publicity and Marketing Assistant
120 Wall Street, Floor 31, New York, NY, United States, 10005
The New Press seeks a Publicity and Marketing Assistant to join our team. This person will provide effective assistance in the day-to-day workings of the department and have the chance to work directly with authors on our distinguished and groundbreaking list of books. The Publicity and Marketing Assistant will assist the Director of Publicity and Marketing, the Publicity and Social Media Manager and Senior Publicist, as well as work with the Director of Sales and Subsidiary Rights and Sales Assistant to maximize promotional opportunities.
- Pulling press lists and executing galley, review copy, tour, and promotional giveaway mailings
- Writing press materials, including press releases, pitch and galley letters, interview alerts, quote sheets, etc
- Pitching press interviews and reviews for authors and their books
- Coordinating travel and other arrangements for author tours and creating detailed tour schedules for campaigns
- Attending events, selling books and creating materials when needed
- Monitoring daily clips, keeping publicity updates current, preparing clips packet for management team
- Disseminating marketing and author meeting agendas; writing minutes for all meetings as needed
- Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and assisting with social media platforms, particularly Instagram
- Compiling and disseminating monthly marketing report and aid in monitoring metrics associated with promotions
- Providing general administrative support, including photocopying, processing invoices, filing, billings, budget and expense reports, organizing the mailing area, etc
- Monitoring book awards and completing monthly submissions
- Keeping up-to-the-minute tally of events, sending internal “events” emails, adding events and media to the website
- Compiling reports to the Board
- Managing Publicity and Marketing intern
- Work with the sales and editorial teams to update title metadata and keywords to keep titles dynamic in the marketplace
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Admin assistant experience, preferably in either a job or an internship with publishing and / or publicity emphasis
- Candidates should be exceptionally well organized, detail oriented, able to juggle multiple projects and priorities, have initiative, and respond well to working under the pressure of deadlines
- S/he should also have the ability to work both independently as well as with a team and have a love of publishing and an interest in The New Press list and mission. Knowledge of progressive media a plus
- Knowledge of Cision, Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have excellent oral and written skills and have excellent references
How To Apply
Please email your resume, a thoughtful cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the title of the position in the subject line. A writing sample will be required for candidates invited to interview. Submissions without a thoughtful cover letter will not be considered.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The New Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Press is affiliated with the Technical, Office and Professional (TOP) Union, Local 2110 UAW, AFL-CIO; this position is covered in the bargaining unit.