500 Fifth Ave., New York, NY, United States, 10110
W. W. Norton is seeking an experienced Contracts Associate for its Contracts Department. The employee in this position will work closely with the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager and editorial departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate, and track author agreements for trade and college imprints and communicate directly with editorial departments regarding the same
- Assist with agreement boilerplate updates, as needed
- Train new editorial assistants in the processes and procedures related to contracts
- Analyze files and research queries, as needed
- Collaborate with department on set-up of content management system
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the U.S.
- 1-2 years of experience drafting and negotiating book publishing agreements
- Experience in the book publishing industry
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Close attention to detail and excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess very strong computer skills
About W.W. Norton & Company:
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.”
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.