5751 S. Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago, IL, United States, 60637
The Seminary Co-op Bookstores, Inc. is conducting a national search for an Operations Director to help lead all aspects of the bookstores’ strategy, finances, logistics, staffing, merchandising, facilities, and service.
The new Operations Director will have a deep affinity for the bookstores’ mission, culture, and values. Three years’ experience in bookstore management is required. Demonstrated success in strategy, organization, leading teams, and implementing and/or maintaining systems will be critical to the Operations Director’s success.
The successful candidate will bring most of the following characteristics and attributes:
• A personality and style that is grounded in partnering, collegiality, and consensus-building, coupled with the ability to make and stand by hard decisions
• Confidence to take action and accountability to results
• A steady temperament
• The ability to delegate without losing touch; strong team-building skills
• Strong communication, oral and written, and an ability to listen, evolve, and develop meaningful dialogue
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
• A facility for utilizing financial information and technology tools
• A creative and visionary approach to strategy
• An appetite for experimentation, reflection, and learning
The responsibilities of the position include:
• Ensuring excellent service through proper training, smart procedures, and community-appropriate inventory management
• Setting strategy with the Director on all aspects of finances, logistics, staffing, merchandising, facilities, and service.
• Acting as a senior leader of the management team to develop, implement, and train on standards, process, and protocols
• Overseeing all aspects of the lifecycle of a book, including purchasing, returns, and markdowns
• Overseeing scheduling and labor budgets
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with industry and community stakeholders
• Modeling world-class bookselling
The position is exempt and reports to the Director.
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Jeff Deutsch at email@example.com no later than June 30th, 2019