Assistant Manager of School and Library Marketing
1385 Broadway, Fifth Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Works with Director of School & Library Marketing to support and/or oversee S&L marketing efforts, including multiple conferences, securing educational and promotional opportunities for authors (interviews, guest blogs, speaking engagements), awards submissions, regular and special mailings, and social media campaigns.
- Responsible for coordinating of conference exhibits, booth materials, display and autographing copies, signage, and banner. Tracks conference expenses for budget planning.
- Coordinates staff and author itineraries for conference travel, including detailed hotel and flight information, author engagements, and staffing needs. Liaises with authors and program sponsors regarding program information, logistical requirements, and travel needs.
- Assists in the development and execution of social media marketing with focus on engaging teachers and librarians, maintains dedicated Facebook page and creates S&L newsletter content. Implements and helps develop campaigns to highlight titles and authors in a way that maximizes engagement with targeted audience.
- Oversees submission process for national, state, and other relevant S&L awards.
- Manages regular galley and advance mailings, as well as industry big-mouth promotional mailings. Updates mailing list and galley/advance quantities per season.
- Works in conjunction with marketing design to create, route, and submit promotional materials and ads.
Knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors degree in a related field and 2 - 4 years of experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with social media
- Copyediting skills a plus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain timelines and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
About Bloomsbury Publishing Inc: