1385 Broadway, Fifth Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Seeking Graphic Designer for our Adult Trade division who is highly creative, self-motivated, and has excellent organization and communication skills. We publish award-winning literary fiction and non-fiction books and are looking for a talented and creative designer with interest in both.
- Prepare jacket, cover, and interior mechanicals for the printer.
- Organize, design, and manage several projects per season with guidance from Creative Director
- Art research and clearance of art rights
- Provide design support to Creative Director and Assistant Art Director
- Strong Mac skills with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, with strong emphasis in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- BFA College degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design, Typography, and/or Illustration preferred
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE IN BOOK COVER DESIGN.
About Bloomsbury Publishing Inc:
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names.