65 Bleecker Street, New York, NY, United States, 10012
Phaidon Press publishes exquisite and beautiful books in the art, design, architecture, fashion, culinary, and children’s fields. We are seeking a New York City-based Sales Associate to oversee day-to-day support and communications between our North American sales teams and Hachette Book Group (our distribution and fulfillment partner) and will manage our Edelweiss presence, as well as participate in trade sales initiatives across our adult and children’s lists.
The Sales Associate will be responsible for supporting Phaidon’s sales operation including order tracking, account management, and customer-facing troubleshooting. He or she will field our North American in-house and commission sales group inquiries and act as a liaison between these teams and our distribution center, as well as provide management support for our national accounts. The position reports to our North American Sales Director.
- Master our distributor’s client-facing systems and provide regular reporting and analysis for senior management and sales team – track trends, perform gap analysis with key accounts, generate sell-through data
- Oversee Phaidon’s presence on Edelweiss as well as on all wholesaler client-facing platforms (i.e. Ingram iPage)
- Provide vital back-end support for key accounts (retail and wholesale)
- Manage (with sales director) co-op and trade-show budgets and processes
- Maintain customer databases for trade outreach
- Liaise with editors/marketing team to execute author bulk sales and event-specific orders
- Minimum of two years’ experience in publisher sales or operations
- Must be data-driven, articulate, organized, and self-motivated
- Proficient in Excel and other PC-specific programs, and a working knowledge of Edelweiss and Bookscan.
Phaidon is the premier global publisher of the creative arts with over 1,500 titles in print. We work with the world's most influential artists, chefs, writers and thinkers to produce innovative books on art, photography, design, architecture, fashion, food and travel, and illustrated books for children. Phaidon is headquartered in London and New York City.