Production Editor, Workman Publishing
225 Varick Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
Workman Publishing is looking for an experienced Production Editor to work on both books and calendars. This position will manage all stages of the book process from transmittal of manuscript to release of final files to the printer. The candidate will be responsible for hiring freelance copy editors, proofreaders, and indexers and overseeing their work, in addition to maintaining high levels of accuracy throughout each project.
- 3–5 years copyediting, production editorial, or managing editorial experience
- Ability to work on highly complicated, art- and design-heavy books
- Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate freelancers’ work
- Experience using Track Changes in Microsoft Word and annotating PDFs in Adobe Acrobat
- Experience coding and preparing manuscripts for typesetting
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your salary requirements and to put “Production Editor” in the subject of your email. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
About Workman Publishing Co.:
Workman is a medium-sized independent publisher of iconic and award-winning cookbooks, parenting/pregnancy guides, and fun and educational children’s books as well as gift books and calendars. Our West Village office is high-energy and creative, staffed by people who love interesting books.