Publishing Sales Representative
1385 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10018
We are looking for a Publishing Sales Representative to meet with professors and instructors to promote our textbooks.
Drive adoption sales for Bloomsbury Academic titles across HSS as well as Fairchild Books, through inside sales, campus visits and academic conferences. Manage all incoming exam and desk copy requests within designated territory, communicate with editorial and marketing in order to provide feedback.
- Develop and maintain relationships with academic faculty to assess individual and departmental needs, promoting a variety of books to current and prospective adopters. Youll be on campus during a couple of weeks each semester, meeting with professors in a broad range of subject areas..
- Track sales opportunities within a territory, collaborating with editors, marketing managers, to close new adoptions and maintain existing adoptions
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and potential adopters.
- Grow revenue and increase adoption rates across your territory.
- Work with college bookstores to ensure orders are placed and fulfilled smoothly.
- Evaluate publishing proposals with your peers and present findings at monthly pub board meetings
- Because you're responsible for maintaining relationships and winning textbook adoptions at campuses across a large territory, you'll travel to different campuses talking with professors and instructors in a variety of disciplines.
- Intellectual engagement. Finding out about instructors course challenges, innovative teaching strategies, and learning objectives means you're continually discovering new disciplines and reading into textbooks from multiple fields.
- Bonus potential, competitive salary, and healthcare coverage
Self-motivated, enthusiastic, adepts at time management, and independent. The ideal sales representatives love discussing their favorite books, have a wide range of interests, and enjoy continually learning about new subjects. Must have a valid driver's license. For some territories, you may be traveling overnight, anywhere from a few nights to a week.
Excellent verbal and writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and similar programs.
Bloomsbury USA is a general interest publisher of adult and children's books. Established in 1998 as an American subsidiary of Bloomsbury, on the adult side, they are the publisher of the bestselling and award winning books Salvage the Bones (National Book Award Fiction Winner), Cant We Talk About Something More Pleasant? (National Book Award Nonfiction Finalist), The Bone Season series, The Finkler Question, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, and Kitchen Confidential; as well as works by award-winning writers Gail Godwin, Daniel Handler, Ross King, Johann Hari, Sam Quinones, Carol Anderson, Mark Kurlansky, and EJ Dionne, Jr.
Bloomsbury offers competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits including 401(k) match, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, summer Fridays, healthcare savings and flexible spending account, disability and life insurance benefits, and a commuter benefit plan.
Bloomsbury is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.