120 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10271
• Support the Tor Books digital department in social media engagement, digital marketing, and content planning for Tor Books and Nightfire, Tor Books' new horror imprint.
• Write and schedule posts on Nightfire and Tor Books social media platforms
• Assist in creating content and write blog posts for the Nightfire and Tor Books imprints
• Work in conjunction with the Tor Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Manager to organize content, build, and schedule Nightfire newsletters
• Develop per title marketing plans, including digital strategies
• Work closely with publicity, digital, and ad/promo to ensure coordinated strategies
• Follow marketing trends and ensure new opportunities are maximized
• Write copy for advertising and promotional items
• Organize blog content for titles and writes social media posts
• Run AMS, Facebook and other social media campaigns
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• MS Office, Wordpress basics, Photoshop
• Dreamweaver or Basic HTML preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects – good planning and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently
• Creative writing experience a plus
• Familiarity with social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Comfortable with learning new technologies
• 3-4 years publishing experience
• College degree or equivalent work experience
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC