Director, Digital Sales & Marketing
195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
We are currently seeking a Director of the Digital Sales and Marketing. This position oversees the digital sales department handling eBook and digital audiobook retailers and the audiobook marketing team.
- Coordinates with imprints on catalog management, brand author planning, and special digital projects.
- Attends weekly and seasonal meetings and speaks on behalf of the digital sales group.
- Oversees a four-person sales team and two-person marketing team.
- Works closely with international sales team and business development on retailer, product, and marketing opportunities.
- Liaises with production group handling large issues and processes changes.
- Builds and maintains relationships with digital retailers, subscription services, and libraries. Leads business reviews and other retailer meetings.
- Manages the audiobook marketing group advising on advertising spends, budgets, audio awards, marketing plans and presentations.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a sales management role
- Must have intimate knowledge of eBook and digital audiobook retailers and a thorough understanding of current distribution models in all channels
- Must have a deep familiarity with the book retail marketplace, current consumer trends and an eclectic taste in reading
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About HarperCollins Publishers:
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com