Manager, International Sales (Asia)
195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
The International Sales Department is looking for an International Sales Manager to sell trade lists from both Harper US and UK across Southeast Asia. The International Sales Manager will be responsible for managing customer accounts, developing new business, and achieving/beating sales goals. This role will dually report to the Associate Director, International Sales in the US and the Open Market Sales Director in the UK.
- Manage relationships and facilitate sales with wholesale, retail and e-retail accounts in Southeast Asia including: Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Guam, Japan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
- Achieve territory sales goals and growth plans.
- Be fully conversant with HarperCollins-UK publishing schedule and remain in close contact with HC-UK sales director and team to stay current on UK list.
- Identify and grow new opportunities by maintaining close contact with market and trends in US and UK.
- Relay key title information to customers in a timely manner to capture sales opportunities.
- Travel 3-4 times per year to visit key customers plus attendance at major international book fairs.
- Draw out best practices from analyzing complex sales reporting.
- Keep abreast of competitive publishing schedules and competitive information.
- Work with marketing and publicity team to secure advertisements, promotions and author events.
- Assess viability of potential customers to create new business.
- Manage one Sales Support Coordinator.
- Work on other department projects as necessary.
- A 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of publishing experience in a sales, marketing, and/or account management capacity
- Previous management experience, a plus
- Detail-oriented, well organized, conscientious, able to set priorities and juggle multiple projects under pressure
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel internationally 3-4 times per year
- Knowledge of digital arena a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus, but not required
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
About HarperCollins Publishers:
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com