Marketing and Events Manager
110 Church St NW, Vienna, VA, United States, 22180
Bards Alley, an independent bookstore and café located on historic Church Street in Vienna, VA, is now hiring a part-time Marketing & Events Manager (20 hours a week). The Marketing & Events Manager reports to the store owner, with several tasks completed remotely.
The Marketing & Events Manager is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and executing a strategic marketing and events schedule for the store to attract customers and maintain customer loyalty;
- Leading outreach to publicists, authors, illustrators and others in the literary community to establish a dynamic events schedule.
- Building brand awareness by crafting compelling content for the store’s website, social media, and other marketing materials;
- Managing brand identity, ensuring that all marketing materials and events are aligned with the store’s style guidelines and business objectives;
- Researching and analyzing potential strategic partner relationships for cross-promotion opportunities;
- Maintaining list of off-site event locations;
- Collaborating with local libraries and schools for off site events;
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns and events, and extracting key insights for future campaign and event development and strategies;
- Overseeing and adhering to the store’s annual marketing and events budget;
- Developing and sharing quarterly and annual marketing and events reports and goals with the store owner; and
- Monitoring the work of the Marketing Assistant, while providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- 2 years of demonstrable experience with marketing management, preferably for a small business or nonprofit organization;
- 2 years of experience with managing and coordinating events;
- Excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills;
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets;
- Strong analytical and project management skills; and
- Strong creative outlook.
This position also involves occasional shifts in the bookstore, which requires extensive periods of time on your feet and the need to lift up to 40 pounds.
About Bards Alley:
Bards Alley is a woman-owned independent bookstore/cafe in Vienna, VA that promotes literacy, supports local authors, engages the community, and encourages localism. Bards Alley also donates to schools and nonprofits and partners with businesses for locally sourced light fare, strengthening the local economy.