Marketing & Publicity Manager
149 Kentucky Street, Suite 7, Petaluma, CA, United States, 94952
We are a Petaluma, California-based art/photography/children's book publisher seeking a creative individual with book marketing/publicity experience and strong skills in social media, communications, events, trade shows, traditional book publicity and media, for a full-time position of book marketing & publicity manager. This position will report directly to our publisher and will be based in our downtown Petaluma office. Please email resume and a cover letter.
The Cameron + Company Marketing & Publicity Manager will build and implement marketing campaigns for each of our 15-20 book titles that we publish every year. This role will manage multiple projects simultaneously and will often require working directly with authors, artists, photographers and other clients. Duties will include:
- Create and implement social media marketing campaigns for each of our titles, focusing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, LinkedIn, blogs, podcasts and other social media channels, as well as traditional email marketing
- Coordinate book publicity review mailings and manage overall media database
- Assist with author event scheduling and logistics (including day-of and some evening/weekend events)
- Build grassroots marketing campaigns for books with nontraditional marketing opportunities and niche markets
- Update sales and marketing online database and Cameron website with book descriptions and images
- Primary liaison between Cameron + Company and Abrams, our distributor and sales team
- Spearhead outreach to bookstore and library markets
- Manage Cameron + Company’s trade shows
- Some travel required
- Other general book publishing duties
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office and all major social media platforms
-Experience with media and media databases
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
-Superior organizational skills and a keen eye for details
-Ability to provide creative solutions to marketing challenges
-Ability to manage multiple projects, adapting to changing schedules, and working under tight time constraints
-1-2 years of marketing and/or publicity experience in book publishing
-Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, English or communications.
Please email with your cover letter and resume. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are not interested in working with freelancers or outside publicity firms. This position will be in-house.
About Cameron + Company:
Cameron + Company is a boutique publishing house, creating and distributing "books that need to be books" since 1964 with a focus on photography, art, food + wine, children's and publications of regional interest. Visit us at www.cameronbooks.com.