Position: 90-day paid internship
VeloPress is seeking a full-time Publishing Intern who will report directly to the Publisher.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about and execute new initiatives that touch on all aspects of publishing—business, sales and marketing, and editorial. This role involves plenty of hands-on experience, the chance to be part of a team of experienced publishing professionals, and a front-row seat to the intersection of digital and print content.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about sports and fitness, tech-savvy, curious about innovation, detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Excellent communication skills, teamwork, and attention to detail are required to thrive in this position, which will play a critical role in executing specific projects under the direction of the publisher and interacting with a wide range of people and departments.
• Review and amend publishing contracts
• Collaborate with in-house digital team and out-of-house vendors to evaluate different delivery methods
• Adapt print content to different media, focus on mobile delivery
• Plan visual content for manuscripts in development
• Administrative duties involved with project development and sales and marketing
• Communicate with authors, athletes, coaches, and freelancers to resolve queries and develop content
• BA, with a focus in media, business, or publishing
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Capacity for problem-solving and balancing competing interests
• Strong attention to detail (e.g., comparison proofreading) and an eye for design
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit at VeloPress to email@example.com
$20–25/hour, nonexempt position
Possibility of full-time employment at the end of the 90 days.