Academic Marketing Intern
Apply Online, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Bloomsbury Academic, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is seeking a marketing intern for the fall 2019 semester. We are a publisher of academic and trade titles located in Midtown/Herald Square.
As an academic marketing intern, you will work with the Academic Marketing team on a variety of projects that reflect the diverse aspects of academic publishing, including:
- Create content for social media including twitter and blogs.
- Assist with review copy mailings.
- Assist with conference tasks including sending out supplies, entering newsletter signups into our databases, and help print necessary materials.
- Help to support our authors by creating marketing materials
- Update data systems as needed.
- Various administrative tasks.
The Academic Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to learn about marketing to a scholarly and student audience, supporting works of research, textbooks, trade books and reference works.
Opportunities to take on other marketing projects may also arise.
We are looking for creative and motivated individuals, who ideally have the following skills:
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
- Firm grasp of grammar and spelling, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong communication skills in a fast-paced professional environment
We require a commitment of 30 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9 AM 3:30 PM) for the entire internship term.
About Bloomsbury Publishing Inc: