195 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
ABRAMS is seeking a Marketing Director to manage and build the Adult Marketing team. This role oversees the staff responsible for trade/consumer outreach, digital/social media promotion, and marketing design, as well as the execution of title-specific marketing campaigns for high level, select titles. This position will work closely with the Sr VP of Marketing & Publicity to set vision and strategy in alignment with business goals. The ABRAMS Adult list publishes critically acclaimed and bestselling works in the areas of art, photography, cooking, craft, comics, interior and garden design, entertainment, fashion, and popular culture as well as narrative nonfiction and new works of fiction for adults.
· Provide guidance and direction to a 5-person marketing team to help staff develop and execute integrated and strategic marketing campaigns
· Conceive, develop and execute marketing campaigns for select titles per season
· Partner closely with the Executive Director of Publicity to ensure campaigns include cohesive marketing and publicity support
· Participate in author/agent meetings as ABRAMS marketing representative
· Communicate detailed campaign updates to editors, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
· Participate in the planning, preparation, and presentation at sales conference meetings
· Oversee the marketing budget including working with staff to manage costs and regular re-forecasting of budgets at the title and imprint level
· Work closely with the ABRAMS sales team to provide support in the form of materials, ideas, communication about developments with our books, etc...
· Attend and participate in key conferences and shows such as Winter Institute and Comic-Cons
· A minimum of 6-8 years of hands-on book marketing experience- with increasing levels of responsibility for title marketing and people management
· Experience in developing successful marketing campaigns across categories with expertise in text for both fiction and non-fiction titles
· Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
· Desire to work and interact cross-functionally within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
· Superior problem-solving skills and a positive, can-do attitude to work well with different types of personalities
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
· Extensive knowledge of book marketing including current trends
· Extensive knowledge of social media and metadata best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· MS Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
· Passion for books and the book publishing business
About Abrams Books:
Founded in 1949, ABRAMS was the first company in the United States to specialize in publishing art and illustrated books. The company continues to publish critically acclaimed and bestselling works in the areas of art, photography, cooking, craft, comics, interior and garden design, entertainment, fashion, and popular culture; children’s books ranging from middle grade to young adult fiction to picture books to board books. ABRAMS creates and distributes brilliantly designed books with the highest production values under the following imprints: Abrams; Abrams ComicArts; Abrams Image; Abrams Press; The Overlook Press; Abrams Books for Young Readers; Amulet Books; Abrams Appleseed; and a gift and stationery line, Abrams Noterie. ABRAMS also distributes books for 5 Continents Editions, Booth-Clibborn Editions, Cameron + Company, Alain Ducasse Édition, Getty Publications, Ludion, The Museum of Modern Art, Obvious State, SelfMadeHero, Tate Publishing, V&A Publishing, and The Vendome Press.