814 North Franklin St, Chicago, IL, United States, 60610
The role of the Sales Associate, National Accounts is to assist the account reps with Barnes and Noble and Books-a-Million in their monthly title presentations to these accounts. Success in this position helps bring hundreds of titles from our clients into the national view of the corporate buyers of two of the biggest brick-and-mortar bookstores in the United States.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Preparing electronic and paper sales materials for Barnes and Noble and Books a Million
- Conducting sales research for new title presentations
- Confirming author events and ensuring books are ordered for signings at Barnes and Noble and Book a Million stores
- Analysis of sales efforts and results using a variety of reporting tools
- Advising publishers on co-op opportunities and pricing
- Managing co-op promotions
- Liaising with client publishers on new title submissions, catalog laydown, and general relationship maintenance
- Attending editorial meetings for new title covers
- Communicating publishers’ publicity results to buyers
- Assisting the sales department in areas such as coding front list titles, producing sales reports, and maintaining account database
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-2 years of bookselling experience, 0-1 years of office experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills
- Physical abilities. Must be able to sit for long periods of time in an office environment
- Travel requirements. None
About Independent Publishers Group:
IPG is the original independent distributor of books, ebooks, and audiobooks from publishers around the world, and a top 10 supplier of book content to Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, independent bookstores, libraries, and specialty markets, in addition to thousands of retailers globally.
Established in 1971, Independent Publishers Group (IPG) was the first organization specifically created for the purpose of marketing titles from independent presses to the book trade. IPG was acquired by Chicago Review Press in 1987. In the fall of 2006, Chicago Review Press, Inc., the parent company of IPG, bought Trafalgar Square Publishing, Inc., the leading North American distributor of UK publishers. Trafalgar Square Publishing was founded in 1973 and as a division of IPG, now distributes products from clients such as Penguin Random House UK, Australia, New Zealand, and China; Allen & Unwin; The History Press UK; Amberley Publishing; HarperCollins UK; Pan Macmillan; and John Blake. IPG acquired International Specialized Book Services (ISBS) a premier distributor of over sixty publishers of academic, scholarly and professional publishers in April of 2018. Continuing its trajectory of growth in August of 2018, IPG acquired Midpoint Trade Books, a full-service book distribution company that was founded in 1996, located in the Flatiron District of New York City, Midpoint’s distribution clients are made up of independent book publishers from across the US, the UK, Australia and Canada.
With consistent growth each year, IPG’s success has come from supporting and encouraging the growth of its client publishers in the United States and worldwide. IPG has a wide reach in the market with its distribution of publishers with academic, Spanish-language, children’s, and general nonfiction and fiction titles.