195 Broadway 9th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Job Purpose: ABRAMS is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, creative and strategic thinker to join the Marketing team, focusing on promoting the #1 international bestselling Diary of a Wimpy Kid brand. This is an exciting opportunity to have a hand in shaping the promotional outreach driving one of the biggest and most well-loved children’s brands in the world! The Marketing Coordinator will manage a wide range of creative tasks related to advertising, social media, and account specific marketing efforts in addition to performing various administrative duties and supporting the other members of the Wimpy Kid Marketing Team in strategic campaign execution. The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with Wimpy Kid, Inc. and with foreign publishing partners. This position reports to the Senior Director, Marketing, Children’s Books.
- Contribute to the creative brainstorming and execution of innovative marketing campaigns for the Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid books, including trade and consumer advertising, digital asset creation and social media advertising, merchandising and promotional materials, promotions at consumer and industry conventions, partnerships and cross-promotions, and much more!
- Research and evaluate cutting-edge opportunities appropriate for brand promotions and consumer facing marketing
- Brainstorm components and write creative on-brand copy for promotional materials that are both kid-friendly and effective tools at retail; Source production vendors and maintain existing relationships; Manage projects through design, approval, printing, and distribution
- Write creative and effective copy for print and digital advertising campaigns; maintain existing relationships with ad reps and brainstorm new opportunities and venues; Manage ads through design, approval, release, and post-mortem campaign analytics
- Set up and optimize ad campaigns across all social platforms, including A/B testing; Spearhead campaign tracking and analytics; Coordinate paid vs. organic strategy with Marketing Manager and Wimpy Kid, Inc.
- Work closely with Sales and Wimpy Kid Inc. on the creation of and approval for account specific materials; Track status of projects to completion
- Work closely with representatives at foreign publishing partner houses on managing requests for and distributing assets, and invoicing for shared projects
- Collaborate with key in-house departments including: School & Library Marketing, Digital & Social Media Marketing, Sales, Publicity, and Editorial
- Represent ABRAMS at in-house and out-of-house meetings and trade/consumer conventions
- Administrative tasks to include: creating presentations for key internal and external meetings; maintaining budget documents; taking notes and managing follow up at weekly meetings; updating marketing plans; organizing and facilitating seasonal mailings; off-site meeting logistics including travel bookings
- Support the Senior Director, Marketing, Children’s Books and the Marketing Manager, Children’s Books as needed on related projects
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment; Creative, innovative self-starter who can work well independently as well as part of a team; Natural multi-tasker who is comfortable shifting course and pivoting as needed mid-project; Open-minded partner who flourishes in a collaborative and creative environment; Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side; Easily builds and maintain relationships effectively with different management levels and personalities; Ability and desire to travel 2-3 times per year
- Four-year college degree preferred
- 1-2 years marketing experience in publishing or brand marketing
- Previous experience in children’s books or products preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint in particular
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms, including associated advertising and corresponding analytic tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Knowledge of and prior experience working with ad reps and production vendors to produce promotional materials and displays is a plus
- Familiarity with the publishing industry and current retail landscape is a plus
About Abrams Books :