Ad Promo Junior Designer
120 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10271
Henry Holt & Co. publishes a wide array of authors (from New York Times bestsellers to Pulitzer Prize winners to celebrities) and is looking for an Ad Promo Junior Designer. This position will conceptualize and design print, digital, and social media advertising campaigns as well as promotional materials for assigned titles.
- Conceptualize and design social media images, stop motion videos, animated gifs, styled photos, original illustrations, e-cards, website assets, infographics, postcards, bookmarks, galleys, and point-of-purchase displays, etc.
- Work with Marketing team and Group Creative Director to refine designs, incorporate feedback, and route work to internal departments.
- Create book mockups/product shots and additional assets in Photoshop.
- Design presentations, sell sheets, and marketing plans for sales conferences and author and agent meetings
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Proven ability to envision and execute outstanding design
- Knowledge and experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and related applications
- Skilled at photo/art/illustrator research
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Must be creative, flexible, and collaborative
- 1-2 years of work in design
- Experience in publishing a plus!
Educational Background Required:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
About Macmillan Publishers:
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.