Assistant Marketing Director
120 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10271
Henry Holt & Co. publishes a wide array of authors (from New York Times bestsellers to Pulitzer Prize winners to celebrities) and is looking for an Assistant Marketing Director to join their expanding marketing team. The person in this position will develop creative marketing campaigns for frontlist and backlist titles and will act as the main point of contact and lead marketer for prominent authors.
- Work closely with Director on long-term campaigns, special projects, and branding initiatives for repeat and house authors
- Collaborate and communicate directly with authors and agents on marketing plans
- Book advertising campaigns (programmatic, display, email newsletter, print) directly with vendors and track Holt KPIs and benchmarks
- Coordinate author presence at regional trade shows and industry events
- Identify current marketplace trends and ways to leverage backlist based on those trends. Communicate with the sales, editorial, and publicity teams to leverage data findings into sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving campaigns—new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- The ability to take ownership of multiple projects and make timely, results-driven and goal-focused decisions
- The ability to develop, manage and communicate innovative marketing campaigns.
- The ability to plan and manage annual budgets
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Must be creative, flexible, and collaborative
- 5+ years of media/marketing experience.
- Experience in media buying/booking ad campaigns
- Strong management skills with experience motivating and driving success within a team
- Experience creating and executing effective media campaigns and strategies
- Experience in publishing a plus
Educational Background Required:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.