Assistant Marketing Manager
120 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10271
Henry Holt & Co. publishes a wide array of authors (from New York Times bestsellers to Pulitzer Prize winners to celebrities) and is looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager to join their expanding marketing team. This position will provide support to the Assistant Director on title marketing to create, communicate, and implement marketing campaigns for a variety of titles for fiction and nonfiction.
- Support our key titles by creating original and engaging digital content
- Generate awareness and conversations around our books and brands across social platforms; create social media campaigns and work with influencers on promoting our books
- Spot and surface emerging trends, conversations and content; help to develop creative consumer-facing marketing campaigns
- Track and analyze performance of our social media channels, advertising campaigns across platforms, and digital content
- Support the Assistant Director on seasonal and year-round marketing initiatives
- Market titles by pitching to bloggers, influencers, and niche communities, creating outreach lists, researching new and emerging marketing platforms.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Experience performing audience research and developing relevant target groups
- Proven understanding and ability to manage digital content
- Proven ability to examine data to form an analysis of campaigns and content
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Must be creative, flexible, and collaborative
- 3+ years of media/marketing experience.
- Experience in publishing a plus
Educational Background Required:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.