79 13th Ave NE, Suite 110, Minneapolis, MN, United States, 55413
COFFEE HOUSE PRESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Coffee House Press, an internationally renowned independent publisher, is seeking a full-time Development Associate. The Development Associate will assist the Publisher and development team to lead and execute the press’s individual giving programming and initiatives.
Salary: $35,000 or DOQ, with excellent health and dental insurance, vacation and sick days, and all national holidays off (15 in total). We also offer very flexible hours to all our employees. We are open to discussing less-than-full-time options.
Location: At our office in northeast Minneapolis, MN.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING (40%)
- Support leadership team in setting annual fundraising goals and strategies
- Administer donor benefits and acknowledgments
- Draft donor and foundation correspondence
- Schedule donor meetings and contact
- Create comprehensive fundraising campaign reports for staff and board
- Use development database to enter data, track fundraising progress, and pull reports
- Process donations and pledges
- Coordinate two annual fundraising campaigns and other year-long fundraising initiatives
- Update and project cash flow for individual giving
- Manage Publisher’s Circle donor stewardship
- Coordinate social media fundraising efforts with marketing and publicity team
- Create and send end-of-year tax letters
- Assist freelance grant writer in gathering data for grant applications and reports
- Track and record grant income in development database
- Update and project cash flow for grant income
- Work with bookkeeper and publisher to compile financials for grant applications
- Develop and maintain a grant calendar
- Occasionally write grant proposal narratives and supporting documents
- Conduct research to identify new grants
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (20%)
- Schedule and organize board and committee meeting schedules
- Gather and prepare meeting materials
- Attend board meetings and draft minutes
- Assist Publisher and Board Chair with board recruitment and onboarding procedures
- Track and report on board pledges and participation
- Coordinate donor cultivation events and fundraisers
- Prepare materials and manage all event sponsorships
- Attend and staff Coffee House events
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1–2 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising or related work
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Detail oriented and well organized with the capacity to coordinate and execute large projects both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suites
- Experience with using a donor database or CRM software, especially Little Green Light
- Grant-writing experience
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to Chris Fischbach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, so apply soon.
Coffee House Press is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender and sexual identities, and disability statuses.
About Coffee House Press:
Coffee House Press began as a small letterpress operation in 1972 and has grown into an internationally renowned nonprofit publisher of literary fiction, essay, poetry, and other work that doesn’t fit neatly into genre categories.
Through our Books in Action program and publications, we’ve become interdisciplinary collaborators and incubators for new work and audience experiences. Our vision for the future is one in which a publisher is a catalyst and connector.
Adventurous readers, arts enthusiasts, community builders, and risk takers—join us.