Assistant Marketing Manager - Dutton
1745 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10019
Assistant Marketing Manager – Dutton
Dutton is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Assistant Marketing Manager. This position will be heavily involved in all aspects of marketing for their assigned titles across all imprints, including helping to develop and execute marketing plans, providing marketing materials to sales, maintaining title budgets, and managing campaigns. Nimble and creative, the Assistant Marketing Manager must be able to work as part of a greater team and also independently, and be skilled at managing a multitude of projects.
Dutton is a boutique imprint that publishes both fiction and nonfiction bestselling authors including Lisa Gardner, Tami Hoag, Fiona Davis, Riley Sager, Sean Carroll, Nick Offerman, Craig Unger, Carl Zimmer, and Alex Kershaw among many others.
The Assistant Marketing Manager:
- Plans, implements, and analyzes creative consumer and industry-facing marketing campaigns (timelines, promotions, creation of digital and physical assets) in conjunction with the Marketing Director and works independently to manage plans
- Clearly communicates key campaign details with internal and external stakeholders
- Manages imprint social media accounts, constructs social media plans for assigned titles, and assists authors with the development of their online/social media platforms
- Contributes to and/or writes ad copy; works directly with ad contacts and our internal design department to develop creative ads
- Oversees some imprint-wide seasonal processes with oversight from the Marketing Director, including title metadata release
- Minimum 3 years prior related experience in publishing and/or marketing
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and keep track of project deadlines
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working on creative and strategic campaigns
- Strong knowledge of all major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Proficiency in Facebook/Instagram advertising, Google advertising, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume, and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
About Penguin Random House:
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.