1001 SW KLICKITAT WAY, STE 201, Seattle, WA, United States, 98134-1161
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Marketing Manager will manage all marketing campaigns, special projects, and social media and work collaboratively with the entire Sales and Marketing team.
- Create and facilitate marketing plans for roughly 35 titles annually, including for our two imprints, Braided River and Skipstone, and for distribution clients.
- Create innovative marketing campaigns and write creative promotional copy for all marketing materials, including but not limited to press website, social media, ads, catalogs, and other print collateral, as well as author-based social media and websites.
- Manage Mountaineers Books social media platforms, including content and posting schedules.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to create awareness and stories across all media and outreach channels including social media.
- Maintain consumer email lists and ongoing marketing communications direct to consumers via email marketing platform.
- Analyze the performance of social media channels, Google ad words, Facebook ads, other advertising, and all marketing campaigns.
- Working closely with our editorial and production teams, create two seasonal catalogs, including writing copy, updating backlist listings, and managing production schedule.
- Work directly with partners and vendors to create advertisements according to specs while maintaining the marketing budget and reviewing ROI after all ad campaigns.
- Interface with distribution clients for catalog and other collateral needs.
- Coordinate with the Mountaineers Program Centers marketing team where appropriate.
- Education: BA Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent college courses and experience. Coursework or certificate from accredited book publishing or marketing program a plus.
- Experience: Minimum three years of marketing or media experience. Publishing experience a plus.
- Knowledge and Skills: Exceptional organizational, communication, and people skills. Strong writing skills and ability to develop, create, and manage marketing campaigns across social media channels, websites, and print collateral. Aptitude to create and maintain a budget. Clear understanding of current social media trends. Ability to work both autonomously and in a collaborative work environment.
- Software: Proficiency with Microsoft Office required. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop. Familiarity with Acumen and/or database software a plus. Ability and willingness to learn new software programs and workflow processes.
- Licenses/Special Requirements: Valid driver’s license preferred.
Working Conditions: Normal office and work-station conditions with ongoing deadlines. Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and requests. May include some travel to publishing-related events and conferences, no more than four times annually for a duration of no more than four days each (including some weekends), with minimum one-month notice. Dogs often present on the premises on Mondays and Fridays.
Physical Requirements: Includes extended time periods sitting at computer keyboard.
About Mountaineers Books: