Subsidiary Rights Assistant
195 Broadway 9th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
SUMMARY: Provide sales and administrative support to the Subsidiary Rights department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all foreign licensed marketing requests for Wimpy Kid, Inc.
- Maintain log of sub-rights contracts to follow through to their execution via e-sign
- Locate, distribute, and keep track of all sub-rights’ sales material
- Transmit files electronically; draft and send all adult foreign submissions
- Work with manager on all foreign co-edition opportunities (pricing, P&L’s, etc.)
- Run monthly deals’ reports, execute non-rights licenses, mail out tax forms
- Enter submissions and deals into That’s Rights database; manage team calendar
- Follow up on review material sent to foreign and domestic clients
- Log in and distribute licensed international editions to ABRAMS editors
- Help with book fair preparations, including book orders, rights guide, etc.
- Sift through and answer main ABRAMS website rights’ email requests
- Research rights’ status and rights’ sales opportunities for ABRAMS backlist
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; Associate degree accepted.
- One year of previous publishing work experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and interest in the international publishing field a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Power Point and Excel
- Must be organized, detail oriented with ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills, must be comfortable with databases
About Abrams Books:
Founded in 1949, ABRAMS was the first company in the United States to specialize in publishing art and illustrated books. The company continues to publish critically acclaimed and bestselling works in the areas of art, photography, cooking, craft, comics, interior and garden design, entertainment, fashion, and popular culture; children’s books ranging from middle grade to young adult fiction to picture books to board books. ABRAMS creates and distributes brilliantly designed books with the highest production values under the following imprints: Abrams; Abrams ComicArts; Abrams Image; Abrams Press; The Overlook Press; Abrams Books for Young Readers; Amulet Books; Abrams Appleseed; and a gift and stationery line, Abrams Noterie. ABRAMS also distributes books for 5 Continents Editions, Booth-Clibborn Editions, Cameron + Company, Alain Ducasse Édition, Getty Publications, Ludion, The Museum of Modern Art, Obvious State, SelfMadeHero, Tate Publishing, V&A Publishing, and The Vendome Press.