52 Prince Street, New York, NY, United States, 10012
McNally Jackson Books, a vibrant indie bookstore with branches in Manhattan and Brooklyn, seeks multiple children's booksellers. Candidates must have a deep knowledge of and enthusiasm for kids books. Bookselling experience is a plus though not required. Engaged customer service (for adults and children alike) is a must, as is the ability to thrive in and bring order to an often chaotic environment.
A partial list of possible responsibilities:
- Shelving books in and outside the kids sections
- Maintaining a tidy environment within the kids sections
- Assisting customers in and outside the kids sections
- Running a cash register
- Creating and merchandising displays
- Hosting storytimes
- Receiving & displaying toys
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short introductory note and a resume.
About McNally Jackson Books:
McNally Jackson Books is an independent bookstore in New York City, with two branches in Manhattan and two in Brooklyn.