Publisher Development Administrator
814 N Franklin St, Chicago, IL, United States, 60610
The Publisher Development Administrator is an essential cog in the centralized wheel of publisher onboarding, list development, and client services. The administrator acts as general support for the publisher development team, and directly aids the Director, Publisher Development in management of projects and department tasks. The administrator serves as the primary liaison between numerous small clients across several distribution programs, with an emphasis on IPG Spanish, digital, and academic, and the departments responsible for sales, marketing, print, and digital services. The administrator is responsible for ensuring such clients’ satisfaction with the company as a publisher partner and as a suite of indispensable services to help these clients maintain business continuity during onboarding and ultimately grow their business.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Liaises with publishers to ensure timely listing of incoming titles and coordinates this with catalog production and data department.
- Reviews title submissions and massages, edits, or otherwise completes submission forms.
- Translates, writes, and edits marketing copy for our Spanish-language books catalog.
- Handles customer service for Spanish-language publishers as well as others across IPG’s roster.
- Assists with Spanish-language backlist data cleanup and translation work.
- Assists Director, Publisher Development, with department projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of equivalent experience.
- This position is bilingual; Spanish-language experience required (ability to read/write in Spanish).
- Prior publishing knowledge preferred.
- Customer service experience required; experience with ticketing system a plus.
- Facility in MS Office, writing ability, and basic comprehension of databases.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Physical abilities: Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time in an office environment.
- Travel requirements: None.
How to Apply:
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to Jessie Winkler.
- Native Spanish speaking applicants encouraged to apply.
- This role will be temporarily remote based.
- No phone calls, please.
About Independent Publishers Group:
IPG is the original independent distributor of books, ebooks, and audiobooks from publishers around the world, and a top 10 supplier of book content to Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, independent bookstores, libraries, and specialty markets, in addition to thousands of retailers globally.
Established in 1971, IPG was the first organization specifically created for the purpose of marketing titles from independent presses to the book trade. IPG was acquired by Chicago Review Press in 1987. In the fall of 2006, Chicago Review Press, Inc., the parent company of IPG, bought Trafalgar Square Publishing, Inc., the leading North American distributor of UK publishers. Trafalgar Square Publishing was founded in 1973 and as a division of IPG, now distributes products from clients such as Penguin Random House UK, Australia, New Zealand, and China; Allen & Unwin; The History Press UK; Amberley Publishing; HarperCollins UK; Pan Macmillan; and John Blake.
With consistent growth each year, IPG’s success has come from supporting and encouraging the growth of its client publishers in the United States and worldwide. IPG has a wide reach in the market with its distribution of publishers with academic, Spanish-language, children’s, and general nonfiction and fiction titles.