227 W. 17th St., New York, NY, United States, 10011
Soho Press is looking for a highly detail-oriented individual to join our publicity and marketing team on a part-time/contractor basis to coordinate and organize author events and series. PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position.
Experience: The ideal candidate is a master communicator and has worked as an event coordinator in publishing or a book-related industry. Those with experience within the publishing industry will be strongly considered, but having experience in book-related industries is a strong plus as well.
- Part-time position requiring 10 hours a week of flexible work time with a few scheduled commitments. This will be a contracted job that may be renewed twice a year.
- Closely work with publicity, sales, and marketing teams on virtual and/or physical author tours and in-house reading series. This will include following up with accounts and authors on scheduled events, making sure venues are stocked with books, and producing reports on upcoming and past events.
- This position will directly communicate with authors and venues to organize events, maintain events schedules, and communicate confirmed events schedules to publicity, marketing and sales departments.
- Strong presentation skills a plus.
- Geographical knowledge of bookstores, libraries, and event venues is a plus.
- Experience booking travel and lodging is a plus.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Events Coordinator."
About Soho Press :
Soho Press is an independent book publisher based in Manhattan. Founded in 1986, Soho publishes 80-90 books a year across its Soho Press, Soho Crime and Soho Teen lists, and is known for introducing bold literary voices, award-winning international crime fiction, and groundbreaking young adult fiction.