227 W. 17th St., New York, NY, United States, 10011
Soho Press is looking for a creative and detail-oriented individual to join our indefatigable publicity team.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in publishing or book-related industry.
- Large title list: Soho’s three imprints require upwards of 80 individual publicity campaigns of various sizes and detail levels, and this position will be taking up a third of that workload.
- Closely work with marketing and editorial departments on front list, back list, and imprint initiatives (Soho Press, Soho Crime, and Soho Teen).
- Individual contact with authors: Soho Press publicists are in direct contact with authors and agents throughout the publicity process.
- Draft press releases, maintain and utilize publicity lists, schedule mailings, follow up with reviewers and media outlets, and write publicity/marketing copy.
- Strong presentation skills required; whether in person or via Zoom events. Our hire will regularly present titles and initiatives at sales conferences, publishing conventions, book buzzes, etc.
- The ideal candidate will be a wide and curious reader. An interest in crime/mystery, literary, and young adult fiction is a strong consideration. Similarly, the ideal candidate will be an engaged consumer of both popular and news media.
- The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and highly organized. They will be capable of successfully maintaining dozens of schedules and threads of communication.
- This position will grow to include working with the marketing department in convention planning and organization.
- Social media and website: this job will include crafting and implementing social media strategy as well as some day-to-day platform upkeep.
- Experience with photo/image editing programs and applications is a plus.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates who already possess good relationships and knowledge of media, library, and bookselling professionals.
- Publicist position with ample opportunity for growth and promotion.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Soho Publicist."
About Soho Press:
Soho Press is an independent book publisher based in Manhattan. Founded in 1986, Soho publishes 80-90 books a year across its Soho Press, Soho Crime and Soho Teen lists, and is known for introducing bold literary voices, award-winning international crime fiction, and groundbreaking young adult fiction.