157 Winslow Way East, Bainbridge Island, WA, United States, 98110
Starting date: Immediately
Eagle Harbor Book Co. is looking for a store manager. Prior bookstore experience is not a requirement, but retail management experience is a plus. We are a retail environment uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service, pleasing experiential shopping, and building community.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Retail management or strong customer service experience
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong skills in writing reports and correspondences
- General computer skills
- The ability to perform consistently, even under pressure
- Planning, organizing and managing bookstore activities, including staff schedules
- Developing and implementing the store’s operating procedures
- Recommending appropriate policies
- Training, supervising, and evaluating our staff
- Leading our team to help create excitement around our products and programs
- Overseeing the planning, supervision, and maintenance of stock and inventory
Most importantly, the manager will be a resource for all departments, a model for customer service, a driver for sales, and a skillful problem solver. We are looking for someone to lead our team to create customer experiences that enhance bookstore loyalty and deliver measurable results. Best of all, you’ll be helping to create a company that is a great place to work, and where employees love what they do, and customers are invested in our success.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter that describes your relevant experience and a copy of your resumé to email@example.com.
Eagle Harbor Book Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
About Eagle Harbor Book Co.:
We are a full service, locally-owned and proudly independent bookstore located on Bainbridge Island, WA - home to a large community of authors and discriminating readers. A short ferry ride from Seattle, we offer a broad selection of fine new & used books, and a full schedule of author readings & events.