National Accounts Sales Director
195 Broadway 9th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
SUMMARY: Responsible for the sale of all titles published and distributed by Abrams Books to ReaderLink Distribution Services. Must have Reader Link experience!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct sales efforts for titles in all formats to the mass merchant channel, including both retail and wholesale accounts: Walmart, Target, Hudson and other airport stores, supermarket chains, and ReaderLink.
- Manage Wimpy Kid brand and help create innovative merchandising plans in conjunction with buyers and senior management.
- Analyze and share sales reporting and competitive success stories internally with sales management and publishers.
- Provide sales estimates and forecasting analysis to support inventory management of frontlist and backlist titles.
- Prepare for sales calls by gathering materials, creating presentations and spreadsheets, and researching titles and comparative sales.
- Maintain relationships with full account base.
- Manage all aspects of co-op promotions; negotiate co-op fees, manage co-op pool and analyze effectiveness of co-op expenditures.
- Process/track orders and manage inventory per account’s requests.
- Attend seasonal launch and sales meeting and participate in weekly sales staff and marketing meetings.
- Monitor and meet sales targets.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of sales experience in book publishing, retail merchandising, or other relevant industries
- Management/leadership experience preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and proven ability to liaise with internal and external partners
- Detail oriented, with strong follow up and follow through skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of Edelweiss and TMM a plus
- Comfort, ease and ability in presenting sales information in person, via video or on the phone
- Regular travel to Minneapolis and Chicago required. This position is remote, and looking for someone in the Minneapolis and Chicago area
About Harry N. Abrams: