Publishing Operations/Business Affairs Manager
34 W 27th St., Floor 10, New York, NY, United States, 10001
Crooked Lane Books / Alcove Press is looking for an entrepreneurial, ambitious, and adaptive publishing operations manager to join our team. The position is for candidates who love to problem-solve and work across departments. This role works closely with the publisher and oversees sales, production, editorial, marketing and business affairs. It is a unique position that has immediate impact and provides the kind of broad exposure and professional growth that can’t be found anywhere else in publishing.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain publishing schedule across all imprints and titles
- Manage day-to-day relationship with our external sales and distribution team at Penguin Random House
- Oversee all workflows involving title information, metadata, sales forecasts, and sales/marketing collateral for seasonal meetings and individual titles
- Track and analyze the effectiveness of sales and marking initiatives for seasonal lists, key titles, and special projects, including all ebook down pricing
- Monitor stock levels and coordinate with distributor and printers to optimize inventory
- Work with subsidiary rights representatives to execute sublicensing program
- Draft, track, and negotiate all author agreements and subsidiary rights licenses
- Manage royalties system and inquiries
- Submit titles for copyright
- Assist in monthly financial reporting and budgeting
- B.A. or B.S.
- 5 years of experience in publishing operations and/or sales
- Excellent Microsoft Office computing skills, especially Excel
- Experience with analytics, the ability to report and present results to key stake holders is a plus
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to execute multiple projects at any given time
- Ready to take independent responsibility
- Poised for rapid professional growth
Founded in 2015, Crooked Lane Books is an independent publisher that strives to entertain the many readers of commercial crime fiction. Alcove Press, Crooked Lane’s first new imprint, is dedicated to publishing upmarket book club fiction. Both are responsive to readers’ interests and agile within the industry to bring our authors’ titles to the widest possible audience.