Marketing Manager, FSG
120 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10271
Farrar, Straus & Giroux (FSG) is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic marketer to join our team as a Marketing Manager. This title-marketing position, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, will lead innovative consumer-facing campaigns, as well as partner on overall group strategies, to bring the imprints’ publications to the largest possible readership. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team!
What you'll do:
- Create and lead innovative title-marketing campaigns informed by market data for upcoming literary fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Collaborate closely with internal and corporate departments along with authors to drive campaign strategy and effectiveness.
- Manage title-marketing strategies, analytics and budgets in order to maximize profit and efficacy of campaigns.
- Develop strategies, messaging, and creative assets to increase brand awareness and growth for FSG's online communities and social media communities.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to take a project from inception to post-mortem review, including but not limited to bookseller outreach, sales support, and ability to analyze and report on campaign efficacy
- Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools including social media marketing, email marketing, influencer marketing, analytics, as well as traditional book marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Attention to detail
- Skill and aptitude in Adobe Creative Suite
- 4+ years marketing experience
- Design knowledge a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.