Sales Assistant, Mass and Gift Sales
225 Varick Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
Workman Publishing Co. is seeking a detail-oriented sales assistant with a can-do attitude and excellent time management skills to join its fast-paced, dynamic sales department in New York, NY.
The ideal candidate is positive, proactive, organized, and interested in learning about the nontraditional sales side of book publishing. This is a unique opportunity to work with Mass Market, Club Wholesale, and Gift retailers.
- Provide all aspects of sales support for our Mass Market and Club Wholesale business through Readerlink. This includes support for retailers including Target, Walmart, Costco, Whole Foods, and many more.
- Provide sales support to our Gift Retail team which will include attending regional trade shows as needed once travel is safe.
- Process daily orders and provide tracking information as needed.
- Create and organize sales presentation materials including PowerPoints, Excel spreadsheets, and sample copies.
- Liaise with customer service for special order processing instructions as needed.
- Weekly sales tracking.
- Maintain records of coop and other advertising spending.
- Perform general administrative duties as needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Self-starter with the ability to accurately handle several projects at a time and problem-solve efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to build constructive relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Retail experience a plus
Workman Publishing is steadfast in its commitment to innovation, creativity, inclusion, and excellence. Our focus is to create a diverse and supportive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All are welcome, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any of the other fascinating characteristics that make each of us wonderfully unique. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team! We invite you to explore our career options below, and we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please email a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
Please note that, due to COVID-19, this position will be working from home for the foreseeable future, although interested candidates must reside in either NY, NJ, or CT and be able to commute to Workman’s NYC office when it’s once again safe to work in an office environment.
About Workman Publishing Co.: