Director of Events
5015 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC, United States, 20008
Politics and Prose is seeking a Director of Events to oversee the company's many and varied author talks. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position that reports to P&P's Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the marketing and programs departments. The position is pivotal in planning, organizing, and managing events held either in-person or online.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising an events staff of several people;
- Ensuring that over the course of a year, P&P's events reflect a broad range of authors;
- Connecting with publishing representatives to be aware of upcoming books and available authors;
- Figuring out which authors to schedule and when and also determining which of P&P's various venues would be best-suited for a particular author event;
- Working with the marketing department to promote events.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of event-planning experience, preferably with authors. Also desirable are excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Familiarity with the publishing industry and working knowledge of Zoom, Eventbrite, Square and Edelweiss are huge pluses.
About Politics and Prose Bookstore:
Politics and Prose is a DC-based business devoted to cultivating community and strengthening the common good through books, programs, and a respectful exchange of ideas. We’re committed to exceptional customer service and to the values of independence, inclusion, and diversity.