195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a Contracts Manager to join its Contracts Department. This position is responsible for preparing contracts and amendments for imprints in the Children’s and Trade publishing groups.
- Prepares author contracts and amendments and other contracts as needed for Children’s and Trade publishing groups.
- Prepares, negotiates, and finalizes Children’s subsidiary rights contracts.
- Reviews requests submitted by editors.
- Negotiates contracts and amendments with authors, agents, and lawyers.
- Revises contracts and amendments.
- Finalizes contracts and amendments after they have been signed by author.
- Ensures effective operations by interfacing with Royalty, Publishing Operations, and Finance Departments.
- Interprets contract details to answer queries from internal personnel and third parties.
- Assists in maintenance of Bradbury-Philips database used for rights tracking.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
- A 4-year college degree, with 5-6 years of prior independent contracts drafting experience in the Contracts Department of a book publisher required
- Strong verbal, communication, drafting and negotiating skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent attention to detail with exceptional organizational ability
- Able to work independently and set priorities under pressure
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3987/contracts-manager/job
About HarperCollins Publishers:
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.