195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers is currently seeking a Marketing Manager to run title-specific marketing campaigns. The Harper hardcover imprint publishes a range of award-winning and bestselling books in the following genres: Literary Fiction, Smart Thrillers, Narrative Nonfiction (including Memoir and Politics), and Design. This Marketing Manager will work on Harper hardcover, Broadside Books, and Harper Design titles.
- Conceive, develop and execute marketing campaigns for 5-10 books per season.
- Collaborate on select large-scale marketing campaigns with a Senior Director.
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Advise authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform.
- Contribute to growth strategy for Harper social media accounts and bookstagram/influencer programs.
- Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, videos, and email and advertising copy for consumer facing promotions.
- Participate in the planning of, preparation for and presentation at all seasonal sales meetings.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Oversee budgets for assigned titles.
- Secure title specific as well as imprint-wide cross promotional partnerships with third party brands and companies.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving Harper campaigns—new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc.
- Work closely with the HarperCollins central digital marketing and sales team to provide support in the form of materials, ideas, communication about developments with our books, retail opportunities, and more.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on book marketing experience preferred
- Experience creating compelling campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction titles
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital publishing and book marketing landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and metadata best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
- MS Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Passion for the book publishing business
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3920/marketing-manager/job
About HarperCollins Publishers:
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.