2750 Broadwater Ave, Helena, MT, United States, 59602-9202
Position: Full time, salary DOE
Farcountry Press, an independent, family-owned book publisher, is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic production editor to join our editorial and production team. The position is full-time in our Helena office and pay depends on experience.
What you'll do:
· Schedule tracking and project management, including coordinating freelance work
· Photo acquisitions for calendars, photo books, and other projects
· Basic page layout, text corrections, and other book-production tasks
· Basic photo editing and photo review for print quality, photo scanning
· Manuscript review and preparation of materials for production
· Manuscript and art archiving
· Converting final books to eBook format
· Maintaining book records
· Some copy editing, copy writing, and proofreading
What you'll bring:
· Excellent communication skills
· PROFICIENCY in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
· Strategic and creative thinking, flexibility and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail and superb organizational skills
· Competence in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat
Education & Experience:
· B.A. or B.F.A. or equivalent degree in journalism, graphic arts, or related field preferred.
· One or more years experience in book publishing or skills-transferrable field preferred.
Pay: From $19.00 per hour. DOE
The benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and a 401(K) plan.
About half of our staff works in private offices, while the rest work in a divided common space with ample (over 10 ft.) distance between coworkers.
This job is 90% desk-oriented & computer-focused. You will be expected to work cooperatively with both in-office and remote coworkers. We run at a fast pace and enjoy our work.
Apply on Indeed or send cover letter and resume to Publisher@farcountrypress.com. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop ins, please.
About Farcountry Press:
Formed in 1980 and based in Helena, Montana, award-winning publisher Farcountry Press specializes in softcover and hardcover color photography books showcasing the nation's cities, states, national parks, and wildlife. Farcountry also publishes several children’s series, as well as guidebooks, cookbooks, and regional history titles nationwide.
For more information on Farcountry Press go to our website at www.farcountrypress.com