Sales Support Coordinator
195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
HarperCollins is seeking a Sales Support Coordinator to provide support to the Children’s Sales Division, specifically focusing on assisting the Barnes and Noble and Books-a-Million National Accounts team. The position requires a dedicated, organized individual with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will interact with both in-house Sales, Marketing and Editorial colleagues as well as external customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support B & N rep and sales manager in the following ways:
- Prepares and coordinates sell-in title information monthly, including filling out sell-in grids, Edelweiss catalog mark-up notes, gathering materials, and creating PowerPoint presentations. Will also coordinate post sell-in estimate grids.
- Coordinates materials and presentation prep for the seasonal previews.
- Responds to customers’ requests for title information, samples and general inquiries.
- Runs various POS & account bookscan reports and other business analysis.
- Coordinates select efforts on B&N.com in conjunction with the national account team.
- Coordinates support for various B & N in-stores events and promotions such as storytimes, galley mailings, educator nights, & Black Friday signed book program.
- Handles regular communication to B&N regarding on-sale date changes as well as order tracking information.
- Support the BAM rep in the following ways:
- Prepares and coordinates sell-in title information seasonally, including filling out sell-in grids, upload titles into account system, gathering materials.
- Prepare seasonal preview PowerPoints.
- Support the national account channel in the following ways:
- Participates in department discussions and becomes well-versed in the children’s book market by reading upcoming company and competitive books.
- Provides administrative support for monthly channel strategy meetings.
- Coordinate daily POS tracking on key titles.
- Handles ad hoc projects and requests from Sales VP, Reps and Sales Manager as needed.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, reliable, and efficient
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- A motivated self-starter with a love for books
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3966/sales-support-coordinator/job
About HarperCollins Publishers:
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.