Director of Marketing, Tom Doherty Associates
120 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10271
The Marketing Director will work closely with the VP, Executive Director of Marketing and TDA marketing department heads to plan overall marketing strategy and determine the department's best practices as well as collaborating with publishing group, marketing, and publicity teams to strategize on multi-tiered campaigns for numerous titles, including high profile brand authors, and oversee and execute key marketing campaigns. This position will pursue third party partnerships for high profile authors and brands.
What you'll do:
- Lead the Tor marketing team, supervising senior marketing manager (team of 4)
- Responsible for cross-imprint brand management
- Work closely with the publishing, marketing, and publicity teams to strategize and develop integrated title marketing campaigns
- Collaborate directly with publishers, authors, and agents to communicate marketing plans
- Determine title positioning and identify potential audiences and how to reach them
- Execute marketing campaigns for key imprint titles
- Assess success of campaigns
- Present ideas at internal and external meetings, including meetings with authors and agents
- Lead brainstorming sessions and department meetings
- Oversee budget for TDA’s largest imprint and adjust per title budgets as necessary as the season progresses
- Assist the VP of marketing with seasonal meetings and schedules
- Utilize available data and influencer systems to determine most effective targeting
- Secure and oversee title specific cross promotional partnerships with third party brands and companies
What you'll bring:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- Strong management skills
- Extremely organized
- Must work well with multiple personality types and in a fast-paced work environment
- Confident and comfortable presenter
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Minimum 7-10 years marketing experience in publishing, including title marketing
- College degree or equivalent work experience
About Macmillan Publishers:
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a part of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media group of companies headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.