Senior Publicist, Adult
195 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
ABRAMS seeks a creative, dynamic, and experienced senior publicist to develop and execute innovative title campaigns primarily with comic-arts and graphic novels, but also across all categories including entertainment, fiction, nonfiction, lifestyle, and craft. Strong candidates will have experience with or deep interest in graphic novels, as well as knowledge of the current media landscape and solid grasp on the necessary components to build impactful campaigns. In addition, candidates will have a familiarity working with brand partners, and experience coordinating book tours, in-person/virtual events, and author events at major conventions. Must be a self-starter and team player with strong communications skills who is comfortable communicating regularly with authors and agents, and working closely with in-house departments including editorial, marketing, and sales teams.
This role reports into the Publicity Manager. A hybrid work environment is permitted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage 10+ titles at a time in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Coordinate all aspects of title campaigns: writing press materials; securing media across all platforms including TV, radio, print, online, and podcasts; planning author tours/events; budgeting; and communicating regularly with authors and agents
- Cultivate new media contacts and maintain current relationships; initiate and attend in-person/virtual meetings with press to present ABRAMS list
- Schedule author tours and in-person/virtual events with bookstores, institutions, organizations, etc; staff events when necessary
- Spearhead author panels and presence at major conventions such as Comic-con and leading book fairs in top markets; staff events when necessary
- Communicate detailed campaign plans and updates directly to editors, marketers, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors
- Represent ABRAMS in meetings with prospective authors and contribute feedback on potential acquisitions
- 5+ years of book publicity experience
- Track record of robust media campaigns and proven ability to demonstrate a creative approach to publicity
- Extensive experience working with brand partnerships and coordinating large scale events
- Strong knowledge of national and regional media across all platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Muck Rack, and Basecamp
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
About Abrams Books:
Founded in 1949, ABRAMS was the first company in the United States to specialize in publishing art and illustrated books. The company continues to publish critically acclaimed and bestselling works in the areas of art, photography, cooking, craft, comics, interior and garden design, entertainment, fashion, and popular culture; children’s books ranging from middle grade to young adult fiction to picture books to board books. ABRAMS creates and distributes brilliantly designed books with the highest production values under the following imprints: Abrams; Abrams ComicArts; Abrams Image; Abrams Press; The Overlook Press; Abrams Books for Young Readers; Amulet Books; Abrams Appleseed; and a gift and stationery line, Abrams Noterie. ABRAMS also distributes books for Blackwell & Ruth, Booth-Clibborn Editions, Cameron + Company, Alain Ducasse Édition, Getty Publications, Lucky Spool, The Museum of Modern Art, Obvious State, SelfMadeHero, Tate Publishing, V&A Publishing, and The Vendome Press.