4720 Walnut Street, Boulder, CO, United States, 80302
This position is a great learning and growth opportunity for someone who is creative, proactive, and passionate about books, especially in the subjects of Buddhism, creative living, and personal growth. The Marketing Manager (possibility for this to be a Senior Marketing Manager, pending experience) will be responsible for executing marketing campaigns across the Shambhala, Bala Kids, Snow Lion, and Roost Books imprints. We have a fantastic team and are looking for someone interested in being a collaborative team player, with the ability to stay nimble and quickly respond to marketing and publicity needs. This is a full-time role with outstanding benefits and health care. Preference is for Front-Range applicants in Colorado, with the possibility for this to be a remote position.
Shambhala Publications is dedicated to creating books, audio, products, and immersive courses aimed at improving lives—in ways big and small—in the hope of contributing to the development of a thoughtful, kindhearted, and contemplative society. We publish numerous titles on meditation and a wide range of spiritual traditions, books on health, wellness, and yoga, as well as books about day-to-day happiness, with topics like psychology, emotional well-being, and mindfulness.
- Report to Sales and Marketing Director
- Create and execute tailored marketing campaigns for each book, based on audience, genre, and in-house prioritization
- Proactively manage author relations and communication strategy
- Assist with the design and/or production of promotional materials
- Build and deploy integrative promotional and lead generation campaigns in the Shambhala email program
- Set up organic and paid campaigns with a particular focus on Facebook & Instagram, liaising with marketing and publicity colleagues
- Draft sales and marketing copy and materials
- Research, maintain, and organize department outreach databases and list
- Curate and manage website content and metadata
- Manage and execute departmental administrative duties as needed
- Basic understanding of marketing landscape and strategy
- Copywriting experience in social media, media, or editorial capacity
- Solid understanding of social media and media platforms and influencer outreach, including an eye for aesthetic and branding
- Working (or deeper) knowledge of Buddhism preferred
- Interest in working on books from of our primary publishing areas, including Buddhism, meditation and mindfulness, yoga, health and wellness, and creativity
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized
- Detail- and deadline-oriented
- Eager to learn new skills
- Ability to think creatively and tailor book marketing and publicity campaigns
- Project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copywriting
- Basic photo editing skills
- Ability and desire to be a team player
- Ability to use video communication software like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and others
- Preferred education: BA in Communications, English, Marketing, or PR (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience in marketing or publicity
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Salary range is 50k-60k annually
Applications will be accepted through August 19.
This position will be based in Boulder, CO, and local applicants or applicants willing to relocate will be given preference. However, remote candidates are eligible and welcome to apply. Shambhala Publications is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse and equitable publishing program and workforce.
About Shambhala Publications:
Shambhala Publications is dedicated to creating books, audio, and immersive courses aimed at improving lives—in ways big and small—in the hope of contributing to the development of a thoughtful, kindhearted, and contemplative society. In the words of our first author, Chögyam Trungpa, “Enlightened society has to be real and good, honest and genuine.” We hold these words as a guiding principle and try to reflect its sentiment in each and everything we make and do, from publishing timeless spiritual classics and cultural treasures to contemporary explorations of what it is to live a meaningful and honest life that benefits the people and world around us.