National Account Manager
Position: Full-Time, Remote
Schiffer Publishing is looking for an experienced, detailed oriented “hunter” National Account Manager (N.A.M.) to grow our business with key national retail chains.
The N.A.M. is responsible for selling a curated list of frontlist and backlist titles to key accounts in the trade - B&N, AWBC, Ingram, Baker & Taylor - as well as in the specialty market – Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Joanne’s, Urban Outfitters as well as the distributors that serve them.
The N.A.M. is responsible for developing and strengthening the relationship between Schiffer Publishing and the buying team, inventory and purchasing managers and all key personnel at the account. The N.A.M. is responsible for understanding the account’s portals and systems and communicating the account’s needs back to the team at Schiffer. The N.A.M. should be knowledgeable about and have experience in selling to the specialty retail/distributor environment pre- and post-Covid.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop account base to meet quarterly and annual sales targets by imprint
- Ability to cold call accounts and generate business from the ground up.
- Develop and maintain existing customers (“house accounts”) by presenting both frontlist and backlist titles and conducting gap analysis to identify sales opportunities.
- Provide weekly updates on key accounts.
- Familiarity with account’s portals, routing guides and selling cycles.
- Provide quarterly reports on the status of the top 5 accounts .
- Identify and develop new accounts for long-term growth.
- Identify and develop custom publishing opportunities for select accounts.
- Attend and participate in Schiffer’s title planning; including imprint meetings and sales conference
- Provide regular feedback on market trends, key account initiatives, promotions, and outreach to the Director and key personnel as required
- Maintain full and complete information on accounts and leads in the designated CRM program, including contact information and correspondence
- Identify and develop Co-op marketing opportunities to further grow sales.
- Responding to inquiries from both internal and external contacts within 48 hours
- Ability to travel up to 25% as required to national and regional trade shows and account visits
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Current relationships and established contacts within the national account channel is strongly preferred
- Prior direct account management experience is a plus
- Experience selling fully illustrated high-end niche books to the national account channel
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or similar major
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in book publishing required
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and have superior verbal, written and in-person/virtual presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Edelweiss and NPD Bookscan
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimum day-to-day supervision
- Completion of Predictive Index Assessment
- Will consider a fully remote candidate but local candidate preferred
About Schiffer Publishing Ltd.:
Schiffer Publishing, based in Atglen PA, is a family owned independent publisher of high quality and visually-appealing books. Since 1974, we have published thousands of titles on the diverse subjects that fuel our reader’s passion. From our traditional subjects of antiques and collectibles, arts and crafts, and military history, we have expanded our catalog to publish books on contemporary art and artists, architecture and design, food and entertaining, the metaphysical, paranormal and folklore and pop fringe culture as well as books for children. Schiffer currently publishes under five imprints: Schiffer Publishing, Schiffer Military, Schiffer Craft, Schiffer Kids and REDFeather. More information can be found on our website: www.schifferbooks.com.
Schiffer Publishing offers a comprehensive benefit package (medical/prescription plans, dental and vision), 401K, and generous paid time off. Schiffer Publishing is an equal opportunity employer and will review all candidates’ application without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation/gender identity or veteran status.