Client Relations Manager (New York)
1400 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Position: Full-Time, Hybrid
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring a Client Relations Manager to join the Two Rivers team in our NYC office. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with our distributed clients on all aspects of their publishing business including, but not limited to, sales, marketing, and operations.
The Client Relations Manager serves as the primary point of contact between Two Rivers and assigned client publishers, liaises with the rest of the company to support the needs of the publishers, offers consultation based on industry experience, and advises clients on the tools available through ICG and the broader industry to maximize their success. This includes providing guidance on relevant aspects of marketing and sales, making recommendations on sales materials, guiding sales cycle timelines, implementing an e-Content strategy, and advising on print services. Finally, this role maintains client satisfaction exemplified by being publisher focused and responding with a sense of urgency. We offer a hybrid schedule for a mix of onsite and remote work.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful?
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales, and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley, and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree or year-for-year directly related experience in account management
- 4 years of book industry (distribution, sales, marketing) or client management experience
- 1-year experience with MS Excel and Word
- Conducts business reviews with assigned publisher clients.
- Develops client-specific agenda and objectives; prepares appropriate reports; discusses client’s current/year-to-date business; communicates changes in policy/procedure, explains benefits and requirements; discusses any concerns; and commits to a follow-up plan.
- Develops and maintains profitable and successful relationships with TR client publishers.
- Serves as liaison between assigned client publishers and the Ingram organization.
- Includes, but not limited to, formal and informal communications, evaluating client expectations and Ingram’s ability to meet those expectations, and forming strong interactions with all levels within the publisher.
- Stays abreast of client activities – sales and returns, customer trends, issues, successes, market responses, and projections for future business, etc.
- Presents reports during client review meeting with Two Rivers leadership and sales.
- Manages the clients’ sales cycles as they pertain to Two Rivers.
- Assists clients in meeting deadlines. Participates in IPS sales conference – in some situations presents client titles to sales team.
- Operates as the expert for all things pertaining to assigned clients.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 10 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
About Ingram Content Group:
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.