4333 Brooklyn Ave NE, Seattle, WA, United States, 98105
UW Press has an outstanding opportunity for a full time Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the press’s exhibits, course adoption, direct marketing, advertising, and awards programs. A key member of the press’s marketing and sales team, this position works collaboratively with press colleagues across departments to plan and implement promotional plans and campaigns for all press and distributed titles.
Manages exhibits program
- Works collaboratively with acquisitions and marketing colleagues to plan annual schedule of conference and trade shows (15-20 per year) and build appropriate book lists
- Plans and manages all aspects of exhibit arrangements: booth reservations and furnishings; shipment of books, catalogs, and other promotional materials
- Creates conference landing pages on press website, as needed
- Sends pre-conference e-mail alerts; works with Publicity Manager on related social media
- Reconciles and submits exhibit orders
- Manages budget for exhibits program
- Contracts with combined book exhibitors for unattended conferences
- Travels, as needed, to select conferences and trade shows
Manages course adoptions and other direct marketing campaigns
- Identifies target audiences for direct marketing and course adoption campaigns
- Generates content for digital and print mailings
- Creates promotional materials in digital and print formats; manages printing and delivery
- Builds and maintains in-house lists for course adoption campaigns
- Approves and tracks examination and desk copy requests
- Reports on results of course adoption efforts
- Manages budget for direct mail program.
Manages advertising program
- Creates annual budget and schedule for advertisements in conference programs, journals, and other venues, as appropriate
- Works with Art Director and Design Assistant to create advertisements; coordinates delivery of materials and payments
Manages book awards program
- Develops annual list and schedule of book awards and identifies titles for submission
- Submits titles to scholarly societies and other organizations to meet award submission deadlines; tracks and reports results
Cover and catalog copy
- Solicits and tracks blurbs for seasonal catalogs and back jackets and covers from external reviewers high-profile scholars and trade authors in close consultation with the Acquisitions department.
- Prepares cover copy for all new books in collaboration with Editorial, Design, Production colleagues
For skill requirements, and desired skills please go to the "submit your application" button. You will find full job details and a link to submit your resume.
This job is hybrid eligible.
Established in 1920, the University of Washington Press supports the university’s research, education, and outreach missions by publishing important new work for an international community of scholars, students, and intellectually curious readers. As one of the largest book publishers in the Pacific Northwest, the press also offers a broad range of regional books for general readers, often developed in partnership with museums, cultural organizations, and local Indigenous communities.