500 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, United States, 10110
Founded in 1923, W. W. Norton is the oldest and largest independent and employee-owned publishing house, publishing works of Nobel laureates, master teachers, and Pulitzer Prize winners. For almost a century, Norton has been dedicated to achieving a common goal: to bring to readers and students enduring fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, as well as high-quality textbooks and digital learning tools. W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to join our trade marketing department. Candidates should have a high level of curiosity and eagerness to work on prize winning nonfiction, literary fiction, and poetry.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Works with the Trade Marketing Director to develop creative marketing campaigns.
- Utilizes consumer data to identify target audience, fine tune a books positioning and create a marketing strategy from launch to release date
- Executes marketing, advertising, promotion, and social media campaigns.
- Coordinates marketing programs with publicity, sales, and editorial department.
- Generate social media strategy around a book's release, including author social channels as well as Norton’s social channels
- Manage and maintain budget for assigned titles
- Communicates updates about publishing and marketing plans to Norton’s sales force, editors, and agents.
- Contribute to maintenance of Norton’s book metadata and website
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- Must be able to work regular business hours.
- W. W. Norton & Company (Norton) strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new Norton hires. Norton makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in trade book marketing or publishing.
- Familiarity with adult trade book marketplace: channels of sale, marketing and advertising platforms, review media, social media channels, etc.
- Familiarity with contemporary books, authors, and publishing trends.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience and proficiency with social media platforms and techniques.
- Self-directed, independent, and organized; able to prioritize and perform a wide range of tasks at different levels.
- Creative and collaborative, suited to work as part of a small, friendly, and flexible team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications a must.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a plus.
Compensation and Benefits*
Currently available benefits include:
- Total compensation range, including discretionary bonuses, for this position is $60,000 - $70,000. All salaries and salary ranges posted by Norton may vary depending on experience, skills, location and like considerations.
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and summer Friday afternoons beginning in July
- Generous health benefits, including PPO and EPO medical insurance options, vision insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care and commuter, gym membership reimbursement, and more. Coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children is available.
- Profit-Sharing and 401(k) benefit plan with discretionary contribution matching by employer
- Disability and life insurances
- FMLA, parental and other leave
- Employee Assistance Program (for mental health, financial planning, and other needs)
- Company-provided laptop
- Employee discounts on Norton books
- Limited matching of employee donations to select non-profit organizations
*All policies and benefits described are subject to change at any time.
To submit your application, click here.
About W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.:
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with W. W. Norton is offered on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, national origin, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the human resource manager.