Marketing, Publicity and Sales Assistant
485 Broadway, Redwood City, CA, United States, 94063
Position: Full-Time, Hybrid
Stanford University Press seeks a highly motivated Marketing, Publicity and Sales Assistant, supporting our mission to publish books that endure, about ideas that matter.
Reporting to the Marketing & Sales Director, you will provide administrative support and aid in the creation and distribution of marketing materials for Stanford’s acclaimed scholarly and trade publications in the humanities, social sciences, and business strategy and leadership.
Responsibilities to include:
- General administration responsibilities, including database and website maintenance, book mailings, and other departmental organizational tasks.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on marketing, publicity and sales efforts; support team members on marketing, publicity and sales campaigns and projects.
- Create and distribute marketing materials, including promotional flyers, shareable excerpts, and advance reading materials.
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones and email queries, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals, assembling materials, and taking and distributing meeting minutes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to prioritize, follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
This is a 100% FTE, continuing position, based in our Redwood City, CA, office.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For a full job description, and to submit an application, please visit our website via the link below. Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
To submit your application, click here.
About Stanford University Press:
Since the University’s founding in 1891, Stanford University Press has been a publisher of creative and sophisticated scholarship. In the 21st century, SUP remains committed to serving the advancement of knowledge and understanding in the scholarly community and beyond. In addition to our namesake imprint, we publish Stanford Business Books, works that illuminate institutions, organizations, and the people within them in a way that is instrumental for readers' understanding and practice; Stanford Briefs, consisting of concise, accessible, and timely works of scholarship; and Redwood Press, devoted to intellectually stimulating books written for a trade audience, spanning a variety of topics in an array of diverse voices and styles.