Advertising Sales Executive
881 1st Avenue Suite 315, Seattle, WA, United States, 98104
Advertising Sales Executive
Shelf Awareness, publisher of essential e-newsletters to the book trade and to book lovers, is seeking a digital advertising sales executive to help fuel our continued growth. The Advertising Sales Executive will be an essential part of the senior management team, working to identify, build and implement retention and revenue growth strategies across key and new accounts.
The advertising executive will sell our book marketing solutions to our advertisers. As our principal face-to-face customer contact, you will help our sales team expand relationships through outreach to all contacts involved in each stage of the advertising decision making process. You will be expected to meet and exceed sales goals, make cold calls, prospect for new advertisers and improve sales and service effectiveness with our existing advertisers.
Through frequent customer visits and regular correspondence you will be a trusted advisor to our advertisers, striving to know every pertinent marketing and ad/promo professional in order to help them spend their advertising dollars most effectively. You will gather and provide customer feedback and advise Shelf Awareness management and the sales team on trends, product effectiveness and strategy.
The ideal candidate will have
- Passion about book publishing, independent bookstores, and effective book marketing
- Deep working knowledge of publishing and bookselling
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Proven success in advertising sales and/or in creating and implementing marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with purchasing or selling advertising, writing sales proposals
- Comfortable ability to communicate effectively with all levels of customer personnel, from management to assistants
- Ability to delve into our data to drive better marketing for our customers
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Location flexible, but we will have strong preference for a candidate in either the Seattle area, or the NY-tri state area. This position requires a minimum of 20% travel, possibly including overseas trips.
Pay commensurate with experience.
About Shelf Awareness:
Shelf Awareness publishes two newsletters, one for general readers and one for people in the book business.
Shelf Awareness: Enlightenment for Readers, our new newsletter, appears Tuesdays and Fridays and helps readers discover the 25 best books of the week, as chosen by our industry experts. We also have news about books and authors, author interviews and more.
Shelf Awareness: Daily Enlightenment for the Book Trade, which we've been publishing since June 2005, provides booksellers and librarians the information they need to sell and lend books. It appears every business day and is read by people throughout the book industry.
Email your resume to email@example.com.