Work at the Shelf!
Supervisor: Sales Manager
Reports to: Publisher
Hire date: ASAP
- Check voicemail, answer calls, distribute mail and messages
- Point person for subscriber/general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Open and log galleys into system
- Send reminders for, track, receive, check incoming creatives in PhotoShop, and set up all ads.
- Set up and test all issues.
- Keep track of reviewer preferences and help assign books to reviewers
- Mail assigned galleys to reviewers
- Keep tabs on mailing costs, time, and processes to maximize timeliness and efficiency. Review as needed with CFO.
- Work with Creative Director to traffic special issue headers and any other graphic design needs.
- Build and maintain blogger partner program.
- Cross check publisher catalogs with our database to ensure we receive review copies of books.
- Maintain the official office library of publisher catalogs.
- Manage the office space by keeping track of supplies, getting in contact with building management when necessary, and performing any tasks that ensure optimal experience for our staff, customers, and visitors.
- Assist Publisher with travel itineraries.
- Love of reading and bookstores
- Experience working at a bookstore, library or publishing house required
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and juggle many tasks
- Excellent writing and communication skills, especially customer service oriented
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Affinity for marketing and branding
- Technically savvy—well versed with Microsoft Office programs, email, web navigation, and social media sites. Must be comfortable learning new programs (with guidance) and have a knack for troubleshooting. Having experience on Apple computers is helpful. Understanding of CMS platforms and manipulating graphic files is a major plus.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs
This is a full-time position based in our Seattle office (just north of Pike Place Market).
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.