Work at the Shelf!
Position open 1/28/2015
Shelf Awareness is looking for a new Publishing Assistant to traffic ads and set them up in our CMS, ship galleys to our reviewers, approve job board postings and manage other administrative tasks. Candidates should know publishing imprints and their houses, be meticulous but easygoing and be comfortable with new and changing technology. Bookstore and/or publishing experience required.
- Track, receive, check and set up all ads
- Open and sort all galleys, finished copies and publisher catalogs
- Log galleys into internal database
- Review and approve postings to job board
- Act as point person for subscriber/general inquiries sent to Info and Help addresses
- Check voice mail, answer phone calls, distribute mail and messages
- Keep track of reviewer preferences and help assign books to reviewers
- Mail assigned galleys to reviewers
- Contact winners of regularly scheduled contests to ship their prizes
- Closely monitor mailing costs, time and processes to maximize efficiency, then review as needed with CFO
- Take minutes at staff meetings
- Maintain the official office library of publisher catalogs
- Manage the office space by keeping track of supplies, contacting building management as needed and performing any tasks that ensure optimal experience for our staff, customers and visitors
- Manage Publisher's itinerary for trade shows
- Assist Shelf staff as needed
- Knowledge of graphic design software a big plus (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Bookstore and/or publishing experience
To apply, send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.