Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows, movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- BAM Third Quarter: Sales Edge Up, Net Loss Even
- ABA Winter Institute: Wi10 Scholarship Winners
- BEA Adds Incentive to Boost 2015 Show Attendance
- Amazon Now Going Postal in U.K.
- Obituary Note: Richard Eder
- Image of the Day: 'Penny-Dreadfuls' at Mysterious Galaxy
- Happy 25th Birthday, A Cappella Books!
- '10 Reasons to Fall in Love with Shopping Local'
- Book Trailer of the Day: Yoga for Cancer
- Media Heat: Sarah Lazarovic on APM's Marketplace
- TV: I Like You Just the Way I Am; The Secret Agent
- This Weekend on Book TV: Bill Nye
- Awards: IMPAC Dublin Literary Longlist
- Book Brahmin: Brian K. Vaughan
- Children's Reviews: 'Tis the Season Round-Up
- Jewell Stoddard and the Cheshire Cat: A Bookstore for the Whole Community
Quote of the Day
Bookseller Dedication, Elbow Category
"I'm not going to complain about how many books we had to read. I'm just going to say that one of my fellow judges, the remarkable bookseller Sheryl Cotleur [of Copperfield's in Northern California], had to go to her local skateboard shop and get elbow pads because she was wearing out the skin of her elbows lying on her deck chair in the summer reading her books."