Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- James McBride on Independent Bookstores
- Perseus Promotions: Weinberg, Suchomel, Goldberg and More
- Daniel Handler's 'Upstream': Connecting Authors & Indies
- ABA, NAIBA Urge Veto of N.J. Customer Information Bill
- #FreeTheWaterstonesOne: Texan Locked in London Bookshop
- Image of the Day: Bookseller Ninja
- Neil Patrick Harris, Bookseller
- Cool Idea of the Day: Words & Music Contest
- Check Out '29 Moments Any Librarian Knows Too Well'
- Book Trailer of the Day: Does Santa Exist?
- Media Heat: Danny Aiello on CBS Sunday Morning
- Rowling to Script Fantastic Beasts Trilogy
- Awards: Weston Prize for Nonfiction
- Book Brahmin: Ed Conklin
- Review: The Black Lizard Big Book of Locked-Room Mysteries
- Robert Gray: A Family Gathering at MPIBA Fall Discovery Show
- Top-Selling Self-Published Titles
Quote of the Day
James McBride on Independent Bookstores
"Indie bookstores are the last line of reason and discourse in this country."