Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- 'The Book Is Not Dead'
- Authors Guild Met with Justice Department About Amazon
- With Help from Friends, Bookworm Moves, Reopens
- In Other Words to Hold Meeting About Its Future
- ABFFE, Others Protest Colorado School Board History Revision
- Obituary Note: Ralph Cosham
- Image of the Day: Frankel & Finkel
- Brazilian Bookstore Wins 'Best Retail Interior of 2014'
- Closer Partners: HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Biblica
- Stylus Publishing Adds Mercury Learning and Information
- Personnel Changes at the Experiment
- Book Trailer of the Day: Afterworlds
- Media Heat: B.J. Novak on the View
- Movies: Counting by 7s
- This Weekend on Book TV: In Depth with Joan Biskupic
- Awards: Forward Poetry; BBC Short Story; Sunburst
- Attainment: New Titles Out Next Week
- IndieBound: Other Indie Favorites
- Review: The Lodger
- Top-Selling Self-Published Titles
Quote of the Day
'The Book Is Not Dead'
"The Colbert Bump didn't get so much media attention and public support because everyone wanted to talk about me and my novel. People wanted to support book culture, to say that books and writers matter, and that we should be doing everything we can to ensure their continued existence, if not their success. In short, The Book is not dead!"