Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- 'Surprising' Reader Reaction to Amazon-Hachette Dispute
- Voice of the Heartland Award Goes to Kate DiCamillo
- Martin Hearn Joins Best Little Bookshop as CTO
- Obituary Note: Malcolm Magruder, Andrew Mango
- Massachusetts Bookstore Field Trip, Part 3
- Image of the Day: Shiny, New Green Apple Welcomes Hachette
- The White Rose in Holyoke: 'It's Not Just a Bookshop'
- Rent Hikes Pressuring Some San Francisco Indies
- Personnel Changes at Portfolio, Sentinel and Current
- Book Trailer of the Day: Crown of the Continent
- Media Heat: Vint Virga on Fresh Air
- Movies: Miss Julie; Blood Meridian
- Awards: Man Booker Longlist (with Americans!); Kelpies Shortlist
- Book Brahmin: Susan Spann
- Children's Review: Rain Reign
Quote of the Day
Appreciating 'Local and Quality'
"My heart is overwhelmed daily by the comments of our returning and new customers who remind us that 'local and quality' are appreciated. It seems to be important not only to us booksellers but also to those who now miss it in their own community and those who still have it since they live here. This is the reward of working hard for what you believe to be good, not only for one's self but the community at large. Enjoy the summer with quiet time and reading books that will delight."