Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- Happy Labor Day!
- BAM Second Quarter: Sales Slip, Net Loss Narrows
- Japanese Publishers Protest Amazon's Negotiating Tactics
- Magic Tree Bookstore Receives Honor, Seeking Buyer
- Aussie Libraries Testing 'Buy It Now' Buttons
- Aldi Chain Bans Roald Dahl Book in Australia
- Obituary Note: Pierre Ryckmans (Simon Leys); Winifred Dawson
- Image of the Day: Lincoln's Watchdog
- Octavia Books Voted 'Best of New Orleans 2014'
- Video: Amazon Prime Air vs. Indie Bookstore
- Vintage Photo Gallery: 'Librarians Being Awesome'
- Book Trailer of the Day: The Scroll
- Media Heat: Doris Kearns Goodwin on Meet the Press
- Movies: Rosewater; Seventh Son
- Awards: New Zealand Post; Scottish Children's
- Book Brahmin: Kristine Kaufman
- Review: Stone Mattress: Nine Tales
- Robert Gray: Labor Day, Book Trade & River Pilots
Quote of the Day
'What Shakespeare & Co. Taught Me'
"Working at Shakespeare & Co.... was my first literary clubhouse, the place where the idea of being a writer went from being abstract to concrete. Partly, this had to do with the books, with the constant, heady conversation, but even more with the people--those who worked there, and those who drifted in."