Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows, movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Anthony Doerr: Support of Indies Means 'Everything'
- San Francisco Launches B2B Shop Local Campaign
- Canada: Renaud-Bray Purchasing Archambault Bookstores
- Amazon Plans Second Shakopee, Minn., Facility
- Perseus Academic to Distribute Brookings Institution Press
- #BEA15 Buzz Books: Children's & Picture Books
- Image of the Day: The End of the Trail
- Children's Book Week Display Winner: Elm Street Books
- Using Books to 'Help Build Vital Communities'
- Personnel Changes at Red Wheel/Weiser, Regan Arts
- Book Trailer of the Day: Water from My Heart
- Media Heat: 'Extreme' Bear Grylls on Today
- Movies: Mermaids In Paradise; The Emigrants
- Awards: Orwell; Wolfson History; Orion; Australia Book Industry
- Midwest Connections June Picks
- Book Brahmin: Heidi Pitlor
- Review: Muse
- Robert Gray: Bringing Your Home Library Identity to BEA
Quote of the Day
Anthony Doerr: Support of Indies Means 'Everything'
"Everything! This novel would not have reached one-tenth of the readers it has without the support of independent booksellers. They are the ones who have blogged about it, set it in shop windows, hosted me all over the country, and put it into the hands of readers.
"As a short story writer, my books have always been the kind of books that don't usually find readers unless a bookseller or librarian recommends them. Everywhere I've gone in the States, from Washington, D.C., to Bellingham, Washington, when readers tell me how they discovered All the Light, they don't say it's because of an event I did, or because the book won a prize, it's because a friend, librarian or bookseller convinced them to give the novel a try."