Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- 'Real People Pouring Their Hearts Out'
- $64 Million Question: Why Are Big Stockholders Selling B&N?
- Colorado House Passes Sales Tax Fairness Bill
- Upshur Books to Open in D.C.'s Petworth Neighborhood
- Harris Poll: More Americans Reading E-Books
- WBN U.S. Update: NPR Underwriting; NYPL's 7-Author Launch
- Obituary Note: Gabriel García Márquez
- Image of the Day: Books and a Birthday by the Bay
- Myanmar Publisher/Bookseller/Distributor Wins Laber Award
- James Patterson, Dwyane Wade Go One on One for Reading
- Sarabande Books Opening New York Office
- Book Trailer of the Day: Bad Birthdays
- Media Heat: Lisa Robinson on NPR's Weekend Edition
- Movies: If I Stay; Heaven Is for Real
- Awards: Library of Congress Prize for American Fiction
- IndieBound: Other Indie Favorites
- Book Brahmin: Alan Cheuse
- Review: In the Light of What We Know
- Robert Gray: DIESEL's 'Close Readers of Beautiful Writing'
Quote of the Day
'Real People Pouring Their Hearts Out'
"I think it's easy for authors to forget that there are real people out there pouring their hearts into the work of making good judgments, helping readers find books that might interest them. We may not always like the results, but I think we should at least appreciate the work."