Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows, movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- ABFFE to Become Part of ABA
- They'll Take Manhattan: Amazon Leases 34th Street Space
- Denver Pub Institute: Meskis Retiring, Smith New Director
- Hachette Acquiring Black Dog & Leventhal
- S&S Expands E-book Availability to Libraries
- Tallfellow Press Publishing Again
- Obituary Note: Leslie Feinberg
- Image of the Day: Rep Speed Dating at Books Inc.
- SIBA's 40th Birthday Present: A $40,000 Grant
- Cool Idea of the Day: #GiveaBook Campaign
- Photo Shoot: Indies Are 'More than Just Places to Buy Books'
- Personnel at North Atlantic, City Lights, Wordstock, L,B, Barron's
- Book Trailer of the Day: Weekly World News
- Media Heat: Alan Cumming on Fresh Air
- Movies: The Duff; Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark; Inherent Vice
- Awards: Governor General's Literary
- Book Brahmin: Meghan Daum
- Review: The Paris Winter
- Robert Gray: When #SmallBusinessSaturday Is Also Game Day
Quote of the Day
Bookseller Dedication, Elbow Category
"I'm not going to complain about how many books we had to read. I'm just going to say that one of my fellow judges, the remarkable bookseller Sheryl Cotleur [of Copperfield's in Northern California], had to go to her local skateboard shop and get elbow pads because she was wearing out the skin of her elbows lying on her deck chair in the summer reading her books."