Shelf Awareness was born out of a need to provide a range of people in the industry--booksellers, librarians, book buyers at nontraditional stores, members of the media, marketers, salespeople, publishers and others--with essential information for their businesses, including news about titles coming out now, titles getting buzz in the media, authors on major shows movie tie-ins, sleepers, news about the business, tips on how to sell, etc. We publish daily--first thing in the morning. Click here to sign up!
- BEA Buzz Books Part I: The Inside Scoop from Booksellers
- Publishing Hackathon Finalists Named
- Canadian E-Book Sales Hit 'Plateau'
- Papenfuse for Mayor!
- Bowker Launches SelfPublishedAuthor.com
- Obituary Note: Louis Strick
- Image of the Day: 'Tom Chalk'
- Bookstore Breakfasts for Khaled Hosseini
- BEA: Gatsby's New York
- Personnel Changes: Abrams and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Book Trailer of the Day: Someone Could Get Hurt
- Media Heat: Jennifer Gilmore on NPR's Fresh Air
- Movie Visuals: As Cool As I Am; Catching Fire; Divergent
- Awards: Amazon Breakthrough; Foreign Fiction; James Tait Black
- Book Brahmin: Bill Cheng
- Children's Review: The Pig on the Hill
Quote of the Day
Ann Patchett: 'Authors Need to Get Involved'
"If you had asked me two years ago, I would not have thought it was my responsibility. But I do think authors need to get involved with all sort of aspects of publishing and health of the publishing industry. This is not every man working for themselves, we need to think and work as a business. Authors have been protected for a long time, we are very well cared for, but we need to think about our other partners, from bookshops to publishing and self-publishing."